Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Simple and Easy Flower Cards

Well, the scans of my neck today.......normal. Did show a bit of arthritis, which counts for the pain, but no the memory issues or the passing out, or the dizziness. Guess I'm back to the unknown.

Today was pretty painful, but crafting seems to help take my mind off the pain. That is until I turn just right way and the pain stops me in my tracks. That being said, I chose to so my easy fall back......cards. The hardest part of a card to me is the sentiment. I can have a beautiful handmade card sitting in front of me, and have no idea what sentiment to add. I guess it's OK to leave the front blank, but then do I need to put something on the inside, or is it OK to leave that blank also? Both of these cards are very simple and both do have sentiments.  Let me know what you think.
 (Thinking of you)
 
This is a 4x4 G studio card. I got 8 plain white cards with envelopes for 97 cents at Walmart. I ran it through the embosser with the Cuttlebug embossing folder. I then took a very dry ink sponge with vintage photo on it and lightly went over the embossed areas. I then distressed the sides of the cards with the stampin' up embossing tool then vintage photo. I cut the base flowers with my Cricut. I printed the sentiment out on the printer and cut it into a circle. The bling flowers are from my stash. The sentiment is adhered with foam mounting tape. Except for the card, all the papers were in my scrap pile.
 (you are my SUNSHINE!)
 
Again I used a blank 4x4 card from Studio G. I cut the sunflower from the Cricut as well as the flourish that I am using as the stem. I printed the sentiment out with the computer and cut it out with decorative scissors. I ran the sunflower petals through the embosser with the paper studio wood grain folder. I then took a yellow sharpie and went over the embossed areas and the sides. The center of the sunflower I ran through the embosser with Cuttlebug Swiss dots (?) folder and went over the embossed areas with brown sharpie. The sentiment again, from the computer, was sent through the embossed with Cuttle D'vine swirls folder, then went over the embossed areas with yellow sharpie. The edges were inked with Vintage Photo. 
 
I have posted the cut files and tutorial on the Cricut website. If you would like a template, just let me know, I'll post one.
 
Hopefully, tomorrow will be less painful and I will be able to concentrate long enough to work more on the birdie challenge.
 
Until then,
 
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment