Thursday, March 21, 2013

Song

Yeah, I know, I just posted a few minutes ago, but you know how it is when the creative juices are flowing. I was going click happy on a craft site and I ended up on the Casology. They have a challenge going on. It is not a sketch type challenge, it is simply a word:

As I love music, it only took me a few seconds come up with this:
You know you are getting old, when the music you grew up with is now being played on the "Oldies" station. And since the song came out in 1985, I felt it only appropriate to "antique" it a bit.

Paper: DCWV A Type of Art
Sentiment: Printed off computer with Bryon Mark I font via Microsoft Publisher
Ink: Vintage Photo Distress Ink  and Black Staz On
Stamp: Stampin Up Feeling Sentimental

After cutting the paper down to size, I went into Microsoft Publisher and found what I thought was the perfect font. Word Art allowed me to wrap the text into a circle. I then printed out the sentiment. And  yes, the words in the background are upside down. I figured if you were spinning around it really wouldn't matter which way the words were facing (LOL) and thought upside down might be a appropriate.

Next I added the Stamp. I inked the unicycle really well with Vintage Photo and then just kind of randomly dabbed on some black Staz On. I wasn't sure if I would like the effect, but I think it made the stamp looked more aged than just plain brown ink.

I then lightly inked the edges with Vintage Photo. To me it seemed like the paper was still a little bit too new looking so I took a very dry sponge with Vintage Photo on it and rubbed it over the paper.

After that, I grabbed my Diet Mountain Dew (nectar of the caffeine gods) and while I was taking a drink, thought, what would happen if I inked the bottom of my can and stamped the card with it. So, I inked it in Vintage Photo and started stamping. The ink was too shiny so I rubbed some of it off with a paper towel. And Voila! A very simple, yet awesome card!

Who knows, you may even see me post again later. My mind seems to be full of ideas today!

Thanks again!

Miranda

5 comments:

  1. LOL! Love the tie in to your song! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that song! Great take on the cue card! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's a geat song! (I guess I'm dating myself, too!)! Great vintage feel to this fun card! Thanks for playing at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super clever take on the cue word!! love that the text is upside down... love the song, too! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Love that you "antiqued" the song even if it then makes me feel old! :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete