Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Welcome Tag Card

Good morning all! I hope everything is going well with everyone. This will be a short post, my head is killing me. OK, this will be entered into 3 challenges:
1. Little Scrap Pieces:  Bundle of Joy (baby card, project, layout)
2. CARDZ TV: Cute as a Button (card, project, layout using buttons)
3. Catch the Bug: April Bingo Challenge (see below)
It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with these challenges. Here is the finished project:
This card is made entirely from scrap paper except for the card base which is a plain white card stock card I have had for a while, I think I got a whole box of them at Michael's quite some time ago. The plain beige/light brown/kraftish paper I believe if from recollections. The Blue polka dot paper is also from recollections. The buttons and bling have been in my stash for a while. I'm not sure of the manufacturer of the buttons, but I think the blue bling came from the dollar isle at Michael's. The sentiment was printed off the computer. The bear is a free digital stamp I downloaded from Bird's Cards and colored with oil pencils.
To make the "belly button" (yeah, I know, corny huh) look more like it was part of the original design, I cut along the teddy's arm so I could slide the button under it making it look like the teddy's arm is lying over the button.
This tag is actually a card. As I am unsure who will be receiving this card, I have not done anything to the inside. I like to personalize the inside, so as soon as I figure out who is getting this, I will finish the inside.

I hope you think this is as cute as I do.

Have a great day!

Miranda

6 comments:

  1. Awesome shaped card! I love the sweet little bear:)
    Great job on the details!
    Thanks for joining us at LSP!
    Hope you have a fantastic day!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for joining the lsp challenge this week love the bling on his little paws great idea! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and thanks for joining the cardtv stamp cute as a button challenge too! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Fun shape! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Catch the Bug with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you will join us again soon!

    Scrappy (Bugaboo Stamps DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love the "Belly Button". Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz TV.

    ReplyDelete