Saturday, June 1, 2013

Graduation Shape Card

Well, I have am back, though barely. My head is killing me and nothing I seem to do touches it. It took a very long time for me to get this card made. I knew what I wanted to do, but nothing was translating into something I was happy with. I finally came up with a card that I will be entering into 2 challenges:
1. LSP: congratulations graduates
2. Die Cuttin Divas: Shape Card

I have never tried to make a shape card out of words, so this took some configuring on the Cricut especially since I cut is out after the sentiment had already been printed off the computer. Here is the final product:
Obviously this is the front of the card. All papers were scrap except for the card base which is just plain white cardstock. The Crinkle ribbon is from LSP. Thanks, Karen!
Can't have a graduation card without the graduation cap. What do you think about the glitter paper tassel? I thought it was pretty cool. The cap was cut from the Cricut cartridge Paper Dolls for Everyday. Letters were cut from the Chalkboard Cricut Cartridge. It is the free cartridge in the Cricut Craft Room this week.
You also can't graduate without a diploma. This was also cut from the Paper Dolls for Everyday Cricut Cartridge. I added the crinkle ribbon for a little bit of flare.
And the inside. The sentiment is from www.stampedsentiments.com.

Not a bad little card if I do say so myself. I hope you like it too.

Have a great weekend!

Miranda

5 comments:

  1. Wow,your card is amazing! I don't think I've ever seen a word used for the shape. You did a fantastic job. TFS at DCD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shape card! Nice way to add sentiments to the inside! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute...thanks for playing along with us at DCD!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shape card love it the cap is great! Thanks for joining the lsp challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete