Saturday, June 8, 2013

There's Only One You

It's been a very bad week. I tried to go back to work. Didn't go se well. Ended up in the ER on Thursday. Will try again later. Oh well.

Anyway, this was just a quick and easy Father's Day card for my Father-In-Law. He has become my surrogate father since my father passed away. I miss my dad. Does it sound crazy to make a card for my dad and leave it at his grave on Father's Day? I've been thinking about it, but not sure what is the right thing to do. I'm not much of a flower person.  Oh, well, here's the card for the FIL:

It's cute, simple, easy, and to the point. The black and white bakers twine is from my stash. The ties were cut from the Paper dolls for Everyday Cricut cartridge. The sentiment is a stamp form Stampin' Up Vintage Verses. The baby clothes pins are also from my stash. The papers are from my scrap pile. 

I will be entering this into a couple challenges:
  1. My Craft Spot: Dad
  2. Perfect Sentiments Challenge: Father's Day or Special Man
  3. Little Scrap Pieces:  Fun Friday Father's Day Challenge

Have a great weekend.

Miranda

5 comments:

  1. So cute! LOVE the font on your sentiment - and the hanging ties is just DARLING!!! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! Great ties, I lost my Dad too, it can be a hard time. I think it is sweet to leave a card for him. Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute I just love all the ties!!
    Thank you for joining us at Little Scrap pieces.
    LSP--DT member
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...theses hanging ties are awesome! Fun design!
    Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot and Little Scrap Pieces!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun! What a great sentiment to go with that one bright tie in the lot!

    I'm so sorry about your dad. If your heart is telling you to put the card on the grave, then do it with love!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete