Saturday, August 17, 2013

Make a Wish

Ok, yesterday I promised exciting new........Well, I have been invited and have accepted a design team position for the Saturday Paper a la Mode Challenge on the Outlawz challenge site!  I am soooooo super excited! (can you tell). I am still getting to know the ropes, so hang in there with me as I'm sure it will be a bit rocky at first. But, there will be a post every Saturday!

The first challenge I am doing as DT is Birthdays. Here is my project:
Card base: Brown chevron pattern paper for DCWV Habberdash stack

Circle Layer: Cranberry paper from Stampin up. The layer is from the Designer Calendar. It is meant to be the circle version of the calendar grid. I chose to shrink it and make it card sized.

Small Rectangle layer:   Crumb Cake paper from Stampin' Up

Ribbon: from my stash. I think I bought it in a dollar bin at Michael's after Christmas this past year.

Candle: just a plain old birthday candle that you can pick up at pretty much anywhere. I get my at the dollar store.

Sentiment: freebie from Bird's Cards. The coloring was done with sharpie markers and, you really can't tell from the picture, but I put some glossy accent on the candle flame. The white highlights were done with a white gel pen.

Tip: do not use hot glue on the candle. I melted the first one in half. You might be able to do it with a low temp gun, but I don't have that option. I just ended up using Aleene's tacky glue.

I am so excited and hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment