Friday, August 2, 2013

The Cat's Out of the Bag!

Hey everyone! I am back. I wasn't gone as long as I thought I would be, but next trip will be for about a month. So, I am making the most of my scrapping time.

As you all know, I have some health issues. I have a conditions called pseudotumor cerebri. It's a condition that presents with all the symptoms of a brain tumor without actually having one. My doctor's here at home are kind of in a bind. See, what happens is, either my body produces too much spinal fluid or it doesn't absorb it properly. This leads to a build up. Because the skull is not flexible, the pressure has not where to go except to press on my brain. I causes horrible headaches, dizziness, nausea, ringing in my ears, and a whole other slew of symptoms. My pressure is not high enough for surgical interventions and the medication I am on to help cannot be increased because of the side effects I am experiencing. So, all that is left is pain control. The doctors around here are pretty poor at controlling pain (at least so far), so I have reached out to the Cleveland Clinic and am being enrolled in a month long, very intensive chronic pain rehabilitation program.

So, I am currently waiting for the insurance to give the go ahead for the clinic.

So, until then, I will craft away. This card is definitely not my best work, but I love the image. It is the new one by From the Heart. It is for their weekly sketch and monthly challenges.
I was going for sort of a monotonish, card with a pop of color. I think I chose the wrong monotone colors though. Anyway, until next time.....

Miranda

2 comments:

  1. Awesome coloring Miranda.

    Thanks for joining our "Freebie of the Month" Challenge @ Delightful Inspiration {from the heart}

    ReplyDelete