Saturday, August 24, 2013

Up, Up and Away....The Sky's the Limit!

It's Paper A La Mode (PAM) challenge day at the Outlawz Challenge Blog. This weeks theme is Up, Up and away. The Sky's the Limit. As part of the fabulous PAM Design team, I have created 2 cards for this challenge. I had so many ideas "floating" around in my head for this challenge it was ridiculous. Anyway, this is the first card:
I started with a piece of generic white card stock measuring 4.25 x 5.5." I made the sky using a couple different sizes of scalloped ovals and sponging around them with Ballet Blue ink from Stampin Up. The landscape was created using different shades of green scrap paper. I fringed the sides of the hill and doodled some flowers and grass blades on it. The sign is cut from the Camping Cricut cartridge and the sentiment is computer generated. I covered the bottom of the sign with some grass blades cut from the Disney Pooh and Friends Cricut Cartridge. The sign looked odd just glued there. I also doodled the pine trees in the back ground. The balloon is cut from the Celebrations Cricut cartridge. I used a fiber from a piece of burlap to make it look like the balloon was tied to the pig. The pig is a digital image from Hambo stamps that I colored with oil pencils. I popped the balloon and the pic off the page with foam tape.  Cute huh?!

Ok, this next card is a total 180 from the Pic card.
I think it turned out beautifully and quite elegant. It is a sympathy card. I'm going to do the "recipe" for this one in list form. I think it will be easier for me.

Size: 5x7
Paper: Shimmer paper from DCWV and vellum from my stash
Sentiment: computer generated
Lone butterfly: 3D chipboard sticker from K and Co.
Butterfly "wreath": There are 2 layers of butterflies. The bottom layer of butterflies were cut from a scrap piece of paper that I think came from DCWV. The next layer of butterflies were cut from a piece of DP from Recollections. I glued them down so they were offset. You can't really tell from the Pic, but these butterflies are shimmery. The center rose is from my stash. The metal butterfly on the rose is from Maya Roads and I added blue rhinestones from Michaels.

Here are a couple more detailed views:




I may be back later today, I'm not sure. I have been having quite a bit a nausea lately and it appears I need to have my gall bladder out. So, it will all depend on how I feel.  Have a great day.  Until next time.....

Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment