Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Vintage Train

I'm having a horrible morning. I woke up very early and I guess my gall bladder is acting up because I am quite nauseated and nothing I have taken is helping. I have a horrible headache and all I want to do is go back to sleep. But, I know from experience that if I go back to bed now, I am asking for trouble. So, to try to take my mind off everything, I headed to the craft room.

I Heart Sketches put up a new sketch yesterday.
Card Sketch Pattern

And, call me crazy, but my mind instantly said "Masculine." I'm not quite sure why considering hearts are usually a girl thing. But the more my mind worked the more of a plan I came up with. So, I put that plan to paper this morning:
This is what I did.

Card Size: 4.5" x 5"

First Brown Layer: Early Espresso from Stampin Up cut at 4.75" x 5.25".

Next Layer: Generic cream card stock that measures 9.5" x 5". I then folded it in half length wise and cut 1" from the bottom of the side I chose to be the front of the card. Distressed with Vintage Photo distress ink.

Train Tracks: Free clip art. Honestly I'm not sure where I got them. I Googled Train Tracks Digital Stamps and picked just a plain set of tracks. Before printing them out, I went over the cream paper with a very dry sponge containing Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The tracks measure 1" x 5" and 0.5" x 5".

Circles: They measure 3.75", 3.5", 3.25".

The image: Vintage train image is from Free Vintage Digital Stamps.com. I printed it out on some vintage "book" paper from the DCWV Art Type stack. I distressed the edges of the train circle with Vintage Photo.

I adhered all 3 circles together then adhered the whole thing to the card so that the bottom of the circle lines up with the bottom of the brown base layer.

The "steam clouds" were cut from the Cricut and inked with a dark grey sharpie.

I really like the way this turned out and have a couple of guys in mind that would really love it.

I hope you like it too.

Miranda

1 comment:

  1. What a great masculine card, Miranda !

    Thanks for joining our Sketch Challene @ Delightful Inspiration {from the heart} the blog from "From the Heart Stamps".

    ReplyDelete